Imladris.dk forum - Til forsiden
User Info
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 17, 2014, 02:49:52

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search

Key Stats
3884 Posts in 446 Topics by 172 Members
Latest Member: iceman
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
Imladris.dk forum  |  Tolkien og hans forfatterskab  |  J.R.R. Tolkien og familie  |  Tolkien og King Arthur « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tolkien og King Arthur  (Read 5347 times)
Arien
Medlem af Imladris
Bruger

I'm on fire!

Tolkien og King Arthur
« on: November 27, 2005, 20:53:09 »

Hvad var egentlig Tolkiens mening om King Arthur historierne?
Jeg kom til at tænke på det da jeg sad og skrev på min opgave. Hvis Tolkien virkelig syndes at UK manglede en mytologi, kunne han så ikke li legenden om King Arthur?

"Too bright were the eyes of Arien for even the Eldar to look on, and leaving Valinor she forsook the form and raiment which like the Valar she had worn there, and she was as a naked flame, terrible in the fullness of her splendour."  - citat The Silmarilllion.
Arin-Galad
Bruger

Re: Tolkien og King Arthur
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2005, 14:21:30 »

Nei, han likte ikke denne så veldig godt, ettersom han syntes ikke var helt engelsk men mer importert fra frankrike.....
Mener de nevner en del om dette i DVDen om han......
pippin
Medlem af Imladris
Bruger

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2005, 16:46:17 »

Hej

Nei, han likte ikke denne så veldig godt, ettersom han syntes ikke var helt engelsk men mer importert fra frankrike.....

Der findes en hel del dvd'er om Tolkien. Måske skulle du være mere præsis i din kildehenvisning.

Jeg har kigger efter Arthur i bogen: Letters of J. R. R. Tolkien

Letter 131
But an equally basic passion of mine ab initio was for myth (not allegory!) and for fairy-story, and above all for heroic legend on the brink of fairy-tale and history, of which there is far too little in the world (accessible to me) for my appetite. I was an undergraduate before thought and experience revealed to me that these were not divergent interests – opposite poles of science and romance – but integrally related. I am not 'learned'  in the matters of myth and fairy-story, however, for in such things (as far as known to me) I have always been seeking material, things of a certain tone and air, and not simple knowledge. Also – and here I hope I shall not sound absurd – I was from early days grieved by the poverty of my own beloved country: it had no stories of its own (bound up with its tongue and soil), not of the quality that I sought, and found (as an ingredient) in legends of other lands. There was Greek, and Celtic, and Romance, Germanic, Scandinavian, and Finnish (which greatly affected me); but nothing English, save impoverished chap-book stuff. Of course there was and is all the Arthurian world, but powerful as it is, it is imperfectly naturalized, associated with the soil of Britain but not with English; and does not replace what I felt to be missing. For one thing its 'faerie' is too lavish, and fantastical, incoherent and repetitive. For another and more important thing: it is involved in, and explicitly contains the Christian religion.

Letter: 259
I am a man of limited sympathies (but well aware of it), and [Charles] Williams lies almost completely outside them. I came into fairly close contact with him from the end of 1939 to his death -1 was in fact a sort of assistant mid-wife at the birth of All Hallows Eve, read aloud to us as it was composed, but the very great changes made in it were I think mainly due to C.S.L, – and much enjoyed his company; but our minds remained poles apart. I actively disliked his Arthurian-Byzantine mythology; and still think that it spoiled the trilogy of C.S.L. (a very impressionable, too impressionable, man) in the last pan.

Så har Tolkien også oversat 3 middelalderdigte fra Arthur mythologiens verden. de hedder :
Sir Gawain and the Green knight
Pearl
Sir orfeo

De kan fås i et samlet bind

Pippin

Arien
Medlem af Imladris
Bruger

I'm on fire!

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2005, 22:21:16 »

Tak!

Har letters liggene, så den vil jeg da lige kigge i.

"Too bright were the eyes of Arien for even the Eldar to look on, and leaving Valinor she forsook the form and raiment which like the Valar she had worn there, and she was as a naked flame, terrible in the fullness of her splendour."  - citat The Silmarilllion.
Arin-Galad
Bruger

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2005, 11:58:17 »

Hej

Der findes en hel del dvd'er om Tolkien. Måske skulle du være mere præsis i din kildehenvisning.

.[/size]

Beklager det, visste ikke at det var fler, den heter "JRR Tolkien, master of the rings"....
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: